Reference No. LR-LEC-361324-CS-INDV
The Liberia Electricity Corporation has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Liberia Electricity Sector Strengthening and Access Project (LESSAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consultancy Services for Technical Project Coordinator under the Liberia Electricity Sector Strengthening and Access Project (LESSAP).
The LEC is seeking the services of a consultant to serve as the Technical Project Coordinator (TPC) to oversee the implementation of the activities of the World Bank-funded LESSAP.
The objective is to provide technical support to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of the LESSAP PMO.
The duration of the assignment is for an initial period of Twenty-four (24) months, with the possibility of extension based on the Client’s performance, the availability of funds and LEC’s needs.
The scope Of Services and Responsibilities includes:
- Assist and advice LEC in the overall management and contract administration of LESSAP-funded To this end, the TPC would:
- Coordinate the activities of all the Project Team Members (Procurement, Financial, Safeguard and Planning) on a periodical basis, to monitor the timely implementation of the World Bank projects by LEC and seek solutions to prevent or eliminate delays in the implementation of these projects.
- Ensure that all guarantees (Performance & Advance Payment) and Insurance Policies under the contracts are always valid over the lives of the contracts.
- Ensure proper coordination between the various contracts that are interdependent on each other.
- Monitor the execution of all contracts to ensure that the construction works are consistent with the World Bank Safeguard guidelines. To this end, the TPC would ensure strict adherence to the ESMP and promptly respond or cause contractors to respond to all Grievance Review Mechanism (GRM) complaints.
- Review Contractors’ shipping documents, invoices, claims, and make the necessary recommendation to the Management of LEC
- Ensure competent supervision of all Works contracts including supervision of the performance of the Supervision Engineers and related Consultants and LEC Engineers appointed under the project.
- Provide technical inputs to the Quarterly Reports and Semi-Annual reports in a format to be agreed upon with the World Bank.
- Provide hands-on training to the engineers in the LEC to perform design and document review, site supervision during construction/installation, testing, and commissioning for facilities/equipment under the projects. The TPC will undertake regular assessments of the performance of the engineers and other personnel assigned to the TPC and advice management and the Bank accordingly.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be obtained by submitting a request to the email addresses indicated at the end of the REOI.
The Liberia Electricity Corporation now invites eligible and selected Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services that includes a signed Expressions of interest (EOI), a detailed curriculum vitae, at least three contactable references, and copies of academic or professional qualifications. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for oral interviews. The shortlisting criteria is listed below:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with at least 15 years of post-qualification experience in transmission and distribution network design, construction supervision, and management, at least 5 years of which was at top management level.
- A master’s degree in engineering or project management would be an advantage.
- Must have been involved in project management and construction supervision of at least three T&D network projects at least two of which as the project manager or lead and must have been in South Saharan Africa.
- Must have demonstrable extensive experience in managing World Bank-funded projects.
- Well experienced in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and MS Project
- Experience in using AutoCAD software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
The Consultant must have minimum qualifications and experience as per the Terms of Reference. The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016 as Revised in November 2017 and August 2018, and November 2020).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, i.e., 0900 to 1600 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address below via email on or before Friday June 9, 2023, with subject: “Consultancy Services for Technical Project Coordinator under the Liberia Electricity Sector Strengthening and Access Project (LESSAP)”.
Executive Director for Projects
Liberia Electricity Corporation
P.O. Box 10-165 Waterside
1000 Monrovia, Liberia