The Liberia Electricity Corporation is a public utility entity created in 1973 by the Government of the Republic of Liberia through an act of Legislature with a mandate to produce and supply economic and reliable electric power to the entire nation, while at the same time maintaining the corporation financial viability.
LEC invites applications from appropriately qualified and experienced male and female candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use a hand held windows base device.
- Disconnect and/or remove defective or unauthorized meters, using hand tools.
- Perform daily start-up procedures for up loading, verifying assignments and preforms daily maintenance on vehicle.
- Perform daily start-up procedures for uploading, verifying assignments read various types of meters both residential and commercial.
- Splice and connect cables from meters or current transformers to pull boxes or switchboards, using hand tools.
- Installs, tests, trouble-shoots, and repairs electronic and electromechanical kWh meters and various electronic data recorders.
- Install the meters and the associated equipment such as transformers and time clocks with the help of various hand tools.
- Connect and disconnect utility services at specific locations.
- Train to provide emergency medical treatment necessary to stabilize and evacuate injure personnel while acting in an enemy evading recovery role.
- Install and remove AMR/AMI electric and gas modules using electrician hand tools.
- Utilize strong oral communication skills to effectively handle difficult situations.
- Responding to call-outs.
Job Related Qualifications
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Minimum Secondary Education
- Relevant vocational training
- At least 3 years electrical utility experience as a technician
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Organization & Coordination