Employer: Liberia Electricity Corporation
Project: Liberia Electricity Sector Strengthening and Access Project (LESSAP)
Contract title: Supply Installation & Commissioning of Rehabilitation, Expansion and Densification the Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC) Distribution Network (Lot 1 & Lot 2)
Country: Republic of Liberia
Credit No.: IDA-68500
RFB No: LR- LR-LEC-255121-GO-RFB
Issued on: November 30, 2022
- The Government of Liberia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Liberia Electricity Sector Strengthening and Access Project (LESSAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contracts for Supply Installation & Commissioning of Rehabilitation, Expansion and Densification the Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC) Distribution Network (Lot 1 & Lot 2): For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
- The Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC), the implementing agency now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Supply Installation & Commissioning of Rehabilitation, Expansion and Densification the Liberia Electricity Corporation (LEC) Distribution Network (Lot 1 & Lot 2), to be completed within a period of 16 months for each Lot.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the offices indicated below, during working hours from Monday to Friday 9am-5pm GMT).
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non- refundable fee of Three Hundred United States Dollars (USD 300.00). The method of payment will be by a direct payment into Liberia Electricity Corporation -LEC Emergency Program with account number 6100064222 (Swift Code No. ECOCLRLM) held with ECOBANK LIBERIA LTD (Swift Code No. ECOCLRLM) and submitting the payment advice as evidence to collect the Bid Documents. An additional amount will be charged for deliveries by courier. An electronic copy will also be sent to the bidders.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 10am GMT February 24, 2023. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on February 24, 2023.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security per Lot as follows; Lot 1-USD200,000 and Lot 2-USD200,000.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The addresses referred to above are):
For bid Inspection
Mrs. Paschalina Mashingaidze /Mr. Diabeson Beyan
Procurement Team IDA Projects
Liberia Electricity Corporation
P.O. Box 10-165 Waterside
1000 Monrovia, Liberia
Tel: +231(886) 134-331 or +231 (886) 429-191
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Attention: Chief Executive Officer
Liberia Electricity Corporation
Water Street, Waterside,
Floor/Room number: 3rd Floor, LEC’s Conference Room
Monrovia, 10 Liberia
Statement of Non-Discrimination
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations.
These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all volunteers, subcontractorsand vendors.